The Zakat, Tax and Customs Authority in Saudi Arabia clarified that there are 6 items that require a customs declaration when leaving the Kingdom or coming to it, including jewelry, cigarettes, gifts and prohibited goods.
Declaration include the following:
- An amount of 60,000 Saudi Riyals or more or its equivalent currencies or any tradable instruments of that amount.
- Personal purchases and incoming gifts whose value exceeds 3,000 Saudi riyals.
- Any jewelry or gold bars or precious metals or gemstones worth 60,000 Saudi riyals or more.
- Goods prohibited or restricted in the Kingdom.
- More than 200 cigarettes or more than 20 cigars or goods that subject to excise tax.
- Goods in commercial quantities.
The Zakat and Tax Authority also stated that there are two ways to declare, either through the application or through the website or at disclosure office.