Saudi Visa for GCC Residents
Saudi Arabia now accepts online applications for tourist visas from GCC residents. The new rule came into effect starting September 1, 2022 and can benefit all GCC residents, including expatriates. Also, this visa permits its holders to perform Umrah outside of Hajj season. In this article, we explain the conditions, fees, validity, and how to apply for a Saudi visa for GCC residents.
To be eligible for obtaining a Saudi visa for GCC residents, you are required to meet the following requirements.
- At least a three-month validity residency visa from one of the GCC countries.
- Your passport must have at least six months of validity remaining.
- Your GCC Residency occupation must be one of those listed on the portal as eligible occupations.
The Saudi electronic visa is available to residents of the GCC in all professions except driving, labour, and nursing.
The cost of the visa is SR300, plus a health insurance fee. The visa application fee is not refundable.
Validity of Visa
The visa validity period is one year for multiple entry visas and three months for single entry visas. The length of stay will be 90 days for multiple entries and 30 days for single entries.
Visa for Family Members
Once you’ve applied for a visa for yourself, you can apply for your immediate family members; however, they cannot enter the country without you.
How to Apply for Saudi E-Visa
If you are a resident of a GCC country and are interested in obtaining a Saudi tourist visa, you can apply for one by following the steps outlined below:
#1: Create an Account
Visit the MOFA Visa Portal: https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/Account/Loginindividuals
Register for an account by giving your email address and creating a password.
#2: Create a New Visa Application
Log into the visa portal using your email address and password.
Click the “Add A New Application” button to create a new application.
#3: Fill out the Visa Application
- Select visa type as “Tourism Visa”.
- Choose a transport mode: Air, land, sea or open.
- Select Saudi mission: e.g. Dubai if you are from UAE
- Enter your personal information such as full name and nationality.
- Input your residency visa number, expiry date and issue country.
- Select an occupation from the drop-down menu.
#4: Upload the Documents
Upload the following documents:
- Passport copy
- Residency visa copy
- Passport size photograph
#5: Enter Passport Details
Enter the following details of your passport:
- Passport number
- Country of issue
- Expiry date
- Type of Passport
- Issue Date
- Birth date
- Place of birth
Also, enter other details such as marital status, gender and address in Saudi Arabia.
#6: Enter Travel Date
- Select port of entry: Jeddah, Madinah, Dammam, Riyadh or Dahran.
- Enter the expected travel date.
#7: Select Tourist Visa Type
- Select type of tourist visa: Single or Multiple
Then, enter the image code and click on the “Save” button.
After that, you will be shown all the data and asked to enter your mobile number and email address.
#8: Select Health Insurance
Choose a suitable medical insurance plan from the list of medical insurance plans offered by Saudi health insurance companies.
#9: Make Payment
Pay for your Saudi e-visa with a debit or credit card.
Once your application is approved, you’ll get an e-visa in your email. Currently, visa processing takes a few hours, but that may change in the future.
How to Check Status of Saudi E-Visa for GCC Residents
After completing your visa application, you can track your visa status by visiting the MOFA website; here is how:
- Go to the MOFA website: https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/Home/Index
- Select inquiry type as “Visa Application.”
- Enter your Application Number and Passport Number, then click on the “Search” butoon.
You will be able to view your visa status on the next page.