Malaysia has again announced the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) to control movement in the country’s Perak and Sabah states for another two weeks as corona infections continue to rise.
Datuk Razi Mohammad Saad, director general of the country’s National Security Council, made the announcement in a statement posted on social media on Saturday (October 2nd).
He said the Kampung Orang Asli Chadak in Tanjung Rambutan in Perak State would be under the control of the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) from October 3 to 16 and the Kampung Mokodau in Ranawi, Sabah from October 4 to 16.
He further said that the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) was in force till October 3 in Kampung Orang Asli Ulu Pareh, Bentong and Pahang but it will be extended again till October 16. The decision was taken on the advice of the National Security Council and the Ministry of Health based on the current Corona situation in the states.
Recently, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yakub said that based on data and analysis from the Ministry of Health, 90 per cent of the country’s adult population would be allowed to travel interstate once they had received the second dose of vaccine.
However, about 7.8 percent of the adult population in the country has so far completed the second dose of vaccination. Once the vaccination is completed among the remaining 3.2 percent of the population, all citizens living in the country will be allowed to travel. Along with that, tourists can go to the entertainment centers of different states of the country by following the health rules.
Meanwhile, 10,915 people were infected with corona and 121 died in the country in the previous 24 hours till Saturday. The total number of victims is 22 lakh 8 thousand 499 people. So far, 28,457 people have died in Corona in the country and 2,060,615 have returned home healthy.