The Council of Ministers in Saudi Arabia announced the formation of long term and short term educational visas, after a decision taken in the weekly session, chaired by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman, earlier this week.
The new long-term educational visa will be granted to male and female students, researchers and experts for academic study and research visit.
– While the new short-term educational visa will be provided to male and female students, researchers and visiting trainees for language study, training, participation in short programs and student exchange programs.
– According to the decision of Council, the educational visa holder is exclude from the requirement related to providing a sponsor.
– The Ministry of Education clarified that the educational visa aims to attract distinguished talents, raise the quality of the educational process and outputs of research and innovation and present Saudi Arabia as an attractive educational destination.
– With the new educational visa the Kingdom aims to raise the level of classification and efficiency of Saudi educational institutions globally, and increasing the Kingdom’s contribution to spreading the values of moderation and teaching the Arabic language.
– The Ministry added that the visa attracts male and female researchers, male and female students at university levels and international professors and academics, highlighting that it is classified into a short term visa to study programs that reach an academic year and a long term visa to study long scientific programs.
– The Ministry of Education pointed out that the advantages of the visa are in serving students from 160 countries, recording data in 9 languages, linking applications with the relevant authorities, in addition to easing the procedures for joining studies in Saudi Arabia and it does not require a sponsor for the international student
For Latest Update Join Our Telegram Channel
Courtesy: Saudi Expertise