How to Get a Vehicle Repair Permit Online in Saudi
Do you want to know what is a vehicle repair permit in Saudi Arabia and how to get permit online? A vehicle repair permit is a document that legally allows the repair of a damaged vehicle. Previously, it was issued through traffic (Moroor) offices only, but now you can request a vehicle repair permit through the Absher platform without visiting the traffic department office.
Vehicle Repair Permit for a Registered Accident Vehicle
If the accident is reported to the traffic department, you can get a repair permit for your car through Absher 90 days from the accident date. The service allows you to issue more than one repair permit for different accidents.
Vehicle Repair Permit for an Unregistered Accident Vehicle
In the case of an unregistered accident, you could only apply for one request for the same vehicle within one Gregorian (English-calendar) year. If you want to apply for more than one vehicle repair permit in the same Gregorian year, you should contact the traffic department.
How to Request Vehicle Repair Permit via Absher
- Go to the Absher portal: https://www.absher.sa.
- Click on “Electronic Services.”
- Select the “Services” option under the “Vehicles” section.
- On the next page, select “Vehicle Management.”
- Now you can see the list of vehicles under your Iqama number; choose the car that requires a repair permit.
- Click on the “Issue Vehicle Repair Permit” option.
- Now you will see the accident details, including accident number, date and description; click on the “Create Request” button.
- If your accident is not registered, go for the second option, “Unregistered Accident during this year”, and click on “Create Request”.
- When prompted, click the “Confirm” button to confirm the creation of a vehicle repair permit request.
- Congratulations, you have successfully created a vehicle repair permit request. You will see the permit request number, issue date and expiration date.
Once your vehicle repair permit request is created, you need to contact a garage. Your vehicle repair permit will be processed by the garage operator. You will be able to cancel the vehicle repair permit in case of disagreement with the garage. If the vehicle repair permit is not issued within 24 hours, the request’s status will be automatically changed to “Expired.”
If you want to see a list of the verified workshops for the car repair permit service, you may do so by installing the Ertah appfrom Google Play or Apple App store. You can also get more information by contacting the number 920029200.