Jawazat clarifies the conditions for changing Picture in the identity of a Resident Expat
The General Directorate of Passports (Jawazat) in Saudi Arabia has set the controls that must be met when changing the photo of the person in the iqama.
This came in response from official Jawazat Twitter account to the question: “Peace be upon you. I have a question about changing the picture in the identity of a resident expat, How can I change it or what I am capable of?”
– Saudi Jawazat in response of a tweet said, “The procedure is carried out after reviewing the Passport Department, and in order to do this the passport of the applicant must be valid and the personal photo in the passport should be recent while the head uncovered.”
Procedure to change Iqama picture :
- Book appointment with Jawazat as ‘Resident Services’
- Visit the counter with Camera at Jawazat office
- Give your Iqama and describe your issue
- Confirm your fingerprint at the counter.
- The officer will take your picture and will update it.
- Now you can go to another counter to print your iqama with new image.
Stages of issuing Electronic Passport in Saudi Arabia :
Jawazat explained the stages of issuing electronic passport and identified it in 3 stages for the issuance.
* In its first stage, the e-passport is issue in three administrative regions of Makkah, Riyadh and Eastern Province.
* In second stage, the electronic passport is issue in all regions of passport department in Saudi Arabia.
*And In the third stage, the e-passport is issue through Absher platform.
• In first two stages, a limited number of passports are issue, as per the priority of appointments.
• The old passport whose validity is not finish is still in force, after the adoption of new e-passport. As of now citizens can use either old passport or replace it with e-passport. Both can be use at Kingdom’s all ports of air, land and sea.
For Latest Update Join Our Telegram Channel.